2019 DATES* July 15th – 18th, 2019! Registration and details below!
A little bit about the Roughrider Lacrosse Camp:
The Roughrider Lacrosse Camp is committed to developing and improving your son’s lacrosse skills and I.Q. while providing a fun and enthusiastic learning environment.
Camp is open to the public, and we welcome all players from the age of 7 to 15 years old. We have coaches for every position! Your son will be instructed by past Roughriders, as well as other college players who have competed on some of the biggest stages in the sport of lacrosse. Other Roughrider coaching staff members will also take part in camp instruction. Come experience how it’s done, the Roughrider way!
Your son will experience top notch, hands on coaching, an Under Armour pinnie, as well as an Under Armour Roughrider Lacrosse Camp tech tee.
We are happy to partner with the best sport performance company around, Axis Sports! They are the leaders in coaching, motivating, programming, and results! Axis will join us at the beginning of every night to guide our campers through effective stretches, as well as teach them lacrosse-like, speed and agility drills.
Past Roughrider Lacrosse Camp Coaching Staff
Check out the coaches list from some of the past Roughrider Lacrosse camps. We will be looking to bring back another cast of great college players
- Taylor Stothoff, Penn State University : Camp Director, Taylor was a midfielder at Penn State University where he played for Coach Tambroni for 4 years. He’s been the Head Coach of the 2021 MD Roughrider team for the past 2 years now, and brings a ton of energy and enthusiasm to his teachings. He’s been given high praise for his leadership and motivation towards his players, and his outlook on the game is all about having fun and working hard.
- Travis Puls, Virginia Wesleyan : Travis has been a coach with our Roughrider program for 2 years now and brings a vast amount of lacrosse experience to the table. While attending Virginia Wesleyan, Travis started all 4 years as a midfielder, earning All Conference 3x, All State 2x, and logged over 150 points.
- Brian Reese, Head Coach of the Chesapeake Bayhawks / Head Coach of the MD Roughrider 2022: Coach Reese has been a part of the Roughrider coaching staff for almost 5 years now. He is the Head Coach of the Chesapeake Bayhawks, as well as the Co-Coach of the Glenelg Country School women’s varsity team. He was named MLL’s Coach of the Year in 2009 and has appeared in 2 MLL Championship games. Brian was a stud defenseman at the University of Maryland where was named All American as a senior.
- Jack Adams, Towson University/ Charlotte Hounds (MLL) : Jack is a Roughrider Alum, and was arguably the best short stick defensive midfielder’s in Division I lacrosse in 2017. As a 2 time captain for the Towson Tigers, he helped lead his team to the NCAA Final Four, and earned 2nd Team All American this season. He was recently drafted by the Charlotte Hounds.
- Joe Seider, Towson University: Joe, a Roughrider Alum, helped lead the Towson Tigers to the Final Four this year, and had a fantastic season. His craft is shooting, but can also be an effective dodger. He attended Hereford High School, where he led the Bulls to 4 State Championships. He was a 3 year starter at Towson, and finished his senior season with 35 goals and 10 assists.
- Joel Tinney, Johns Hopkins University : Joel is one of the most exciting college lacrosse players in the game today, and plays a huge role for the Blue Jays as he plays offense, defense, and takes the wings on faceoffs. Haling from Innerkip, Ontario, Canada, Joel brings a very unique style of play to the sport of lacrosse.
- K.R. Schultz, McDaniel College : K.R. has been around the game of lacrosse for years! He has coached several teams, leading his alma mater, Walkersville High School, to the state championships, and has been on the Roughrider coaching staff for many years. Coach K.R. brings I.Q. to his teachings, and is great at helping players understand the game of lacrosse more clearly