Lacrosse has been a huge part of Coach Corrigan’s life. Born in New Haven, Connecticut while his father was the coach at Yale, Coach Corrigan was surrounded by lacrosse from an early age. Three all American uncles, including Gene Corrigan, former head coach at W&L and UVA and George – who finished up his 7 decade spanning coaching career at 84 at Radnor High, helped introduce him to the sport.
A former defenseman and captain at UVA, Doug went on to coach around Philadelphia including stops at Villanova, Widener, Archmere, MAB Lacrosse club and West Chester Youth. Prior to the creation of the MLL pro league, the USCLA was the top league and Coach Corrigan played for the Philadelphia USCLA team (MAB) for 10 years with legends like Chris Flynn, Tony Resch, Zack Colburn, Tim Goldstein, Chris Bates and Scott Gabrielson, and then as a coach, won the USCLA Championship. Coach Corrigan has served twice (2014 and 2015) as an assistant coach for the Under Armour All American teams, most recently winning the underclass championship with the Philadelphia team. In addition, coach Corrigan served on the board of the US Lacrosse Foundation for three years and was a sideline coach at the 2004 US team tryouts.
Coach Corrigan lives in West Chester with his wife Kitty and his children Colin, Shane and Grace.
Coached at Villanova University, Widener University and West Chester Youth. Coached in the All-America Lacrosse Underclass games. Served on the board of the US Lacrosse Foundation for three years
Jamie Lockard- Head Coach
Former Midfielder at Widener University
John Smith, a former Widener University midfielder, boasts a rich lacrosse background with significant achievements:
– Honorable Mention All-American (2002, 2003)
– 1st Team All-MAC (2002, 2003)
– MAC Player of the Year (2003)
– Widener University Senior Male Athlete of the Year (2003)
– MAC Lacrosse All-Century Team
Coaching Career Highlights:
With a successful coaching career, John has achieved:
– 2 NCAA “Sweet 16” appearances
– 2-Time Conference Coach of the Year
– 4 Conference Titles
– 6 Conference Championship Game Appearances
– 15 Conference Playoff Appearances
John is in his 2nd season with the Roughriders, where he continues to share his lacrosse expertise.
Life Beyond Lacrosse:
Outside the field, John resides in Havertown, PA, with his family. He’s also involved in education and serves as the Head Boys Lacrosse Coach and College Counseling and Athletics Associate at the Shipley School. In his leisure time, John enjoys golf and traveling.
John Smith’s lacrosse journey, marked by both playing excellence and coaching success, is a testament to his dedication and passion for the sport.
Chris Maits- Coach/General Manger
High School Highlights:
Mark Johnson’s lacrosse journey began at Springfield (Delco) High School, where he achieved remarkable success:
– 3-year starter, excelling in Attack, Midfield, and Faceoff positions
– PA State Championship winner in 1982
– All Central League Honors recipient
– Proudly recognized with the Legend of the Game Award
College and Post-Collegiate Journey:
At Drexel University, Mark continued to shine as a 3-year starter, primarily on Defense and LSM. Beyond college, he showcased his talents in various Post-Collegiate Club Tournament Teams, including H.P. Jerky’s L.C., Eagles Eye L.C. Laxilla, Kelly’s L.C. Koopers, Quaker L.C. Headstrong, and Duffers L.C. Faber. He co-founded Fossil LC and remains a dedicated player, enjoying weekly games at USTC.
Mark’s passion for lacrosse translated into impactful coaching roles:
– Springfield Athletic Association Coach (1988-1989)
– Springfield High School JV Head Coach (1994)
– Kelley’s LC (Player/Coach)
– Downingtown West Defensive Coordinator (2007-2012)
– Black Bear Travel Teams Coach (2002-2009)
– West Chester Lacrosse Association Coach (2008-present), across all age groups
Mark’s successful tenure as Head Coach/GM of the Roughriders from 2020 onwards included several high-level tournament victories. He continues to lead the Roughriders 2027 team.
Life Beyond Lacrosse:
Mark resides in West Chester, PA, and works in the Insurance industry. He enjoys golf in his spare time and is a proud father of two boys, with Jackson currently on the 2027 team and Bryant, who formerly played for the 2020 squad and now shines at Widener University.
Mark Johnson’s lacrosse journey reflects his unwavering commitment to the sport, both as a player and mentor, leaving an indelible mark on the lacrosse community.
Alex Becker- Defense Coordinator
Jon Heisman- Head Coach
Jon Heisman’s lacrosse journey began at Ithaca College in 1980, where he made a significant impact on the field:
– Position: Defense
– Earned All-American honors
– Impressive Accolades:
– 4-year starter
– 3-year captain
– All-Conference honoree for all 4 years
– Led his team to the Division 3 Final Four in 1980
Jon’s coaching career has been nothing short of exceptional, with notable accomplishments including:
– Securing 4 State titles at 3 different schools:
– WC East in 1988
– Springfield (Delco) in 1992
– Bishop Shanahan in 2018 and 2019
– Impressive career record of 517-157
– Recognized as the winningest coach in Pennsylvania history
Years with Roughriders:
Jon spent 2 successful seasons with the Roughriders, contributing his wealth of knowledge and expertise to the team.
Retirement and Legacy:
Jon Heisman concluded his coaching career as the Head Coach at Bishop Shanahan. His remarkable achievements have left an indelible mark on the lacrosse community, and he will forever be remembered as a legendary figure in the sport.
Mike Bradley- Coach
Mike embarked on his lacrosse journey as an Attack player, leaving a lasting impact at both the high school and collegiate levels:
– West Chester East High School (Graduated ’97): Showcased his skills as an Attack player
– St. Joseph’s University: Contributed for two seasons as a freshman and sophomore before graduating in ’01
Mike’s dedication to lacrosse and youth development is evident through his coaching journey:
– Inception of the 2029 team: Served as an Assistant Coach and GM since its establishment
– West Chester Youth Lacrosse: Holds the role of Boys Director and contributes as a board member
– Nurturing Young Talent: Coached his own children’s youth teams in multiple sports, including soccer, lacrosse, basketball, and flag football
Life Beyond Lacrosse:
Off the field, Mike resides in West Chester, PA, alongside his wife Melissa and their three children, Reese, Ryan, and Delaney. Professionally, he serves as the CFO for a local commercial printing and mailing company. The Bradley family is known for their love of outdoor activities, including skiing in the winter and boating in the warmer months, enjoying fishing and crabbing with friends and family. [Name] is also a fervent supporter of Philadelphia’s sports teams, especially the Eagles (Go Birds!).
Mike’s unwavering commitment to lacrosse and youth sports, combined with his active lifestyle and love for his community’s teams, makes him a well-rounded and dedicated coach and individual.
Defensive Coordiator at Shanahan. Played at West Virginia
Each Summer we augment our staffs with players from some of the finest programs in the country, giving the boys the opportunity to meet players they see on TV each week in the spring.
Bryan Maits – Widener University
Owen Mehok – St Joe’s University
Collin Gucwa – Drexel University
Lukas Sinon – Bellarmine University
Jesse Roth – Bellarmine University
Ryan Timmins – University of Delaware
Jordan Donaghy – Penn State
Dan Lanham – Drexel University